Chromotherapy, also called color light therapy, has been a holistic healing treatment for centuries. The treatment has gained both popularity and validity since the 20th century when a published set of scientific principles explained the complete doctrine of chromotherapy and how different colors can improve health or heal us, either via visual stimulation or by directing the color at specific areas of the body. chromotherapy is now an integrated part of many treatments and chakra healing conducted by wellness practitioners globally.
We’ve all experienced improvements in mood when the weather turned sunny after being gloomy and dark, which is just one-way light therapy can help. But there are others as well.
How Does Each Color Help?
The colors as part of the visual spectrum of electromagnetic radiation, primarily 6 colors, combined with a light source like our sauna LED panels and generate currents that penetrate the body. Each color has a different composition and potential benefit. Let’s take a look at what each color can do to help improve your health:
- Green: Fights off ‘winter blues’ and Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Blue: Kills the bacteria that produce acne and may help relieve migraines.
- Purple: Reduces anxiety and stress to promote serenity.
- Red: Stimulates skin cells and collagen to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and hyperpigmentation
- Orange: Promotes cheerfulness and clarity
- Yellow: Boosts positivity and energy levels, giving a ‘brighter’ perspective
Color light therapy is an added bonus of infrared sauna therapy, which not only helps with physical health but positively contributes to overall mental well-being, which is equally if not more important.
Health Mate’s saunas that feature chromotherapy offer 6 different beneficial spectrum colors with the click of a button. In particular, red LED chromotherapy is calibrated to produce the most beneficial near-infrared at 780-940nm, providing the highest penetration available.